Thanks to Niantik, Singapore is now coloring pink on the map. According to the Twitter announcement and post on the website, the Valentine event will last from February 9th, 3 AM SGT to February 16th, 3 AM SGT.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) February 8, 2017
The following items were announced:
- There is double candy when you hatch, catch or transfer a Pokémon. Hatching an egg now gives between 10 and 30 (2 KM egg), 20 and 42 (5 KM egg) or 32 and 64 (10 KM egg) candies. Evolving a Pokémon does not give double candy however, just like previous double candy events.
- The distance to receive candy while walking your buddy Pokémon is halved. Time to start more walking to hoard those rare candies such as Lapras or Snorlax!
- Pink Pokémon spawn more frequently in the wild. Pink Pokémon are: Chansey, Clefable, Clefairy, Exeggcute, Jigglypuff, Lickitung, Porygon, and Slowpoke.
- Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Smoochum will be more likely to hatch from Eggs.
- Lure Modules will last for six hours for the entire duration of the event.
Not announced but some Pokémon are now placed in a different egg category. Finally no more Pinsir from 10 KM eggs! A nice chart (courtesy of the Silph Road) can be found here. It is believed that this change will last after the Valentine event.