Today base stats of some Pokémon were changed (and then changed back). We don’t know if these stats are the final ones (probably to go live with the pending release of Generation 4), but here is what we can learn (based on the original post of u/6_lasers on Reddit).
Base Stats Change
Pokémon have base statistics: Attack (ATK), Defense (DEF) and Stamina (HP).
- Only Defense and Stamina Base Stats were changed for some Pokémon, withe the biggest changes in Stamina.
- Defense Base Stat never went up, only down.
- Attack Base Stat did not change.
Raid bosses have a fixed amount of Stamina, not related to the Stamina Base Stat of the species. The following table documents this.
|Raid Tier||Stamina (HP)|
Since Defense Base went down for some Pokémon, these Pokémon will be easier to beat.
Break point values need to be re-calculated, but at this moment it does seem to be possible to single-man a Tier 4 boss.
Tier 2 Raid Bosses
For Tier 2 raids, there where no changes.
Tier 3 Raid Bosses
For Tier 3 Raids, the current bosses were hit as follows:
- Alakazam – 13.9% DEF loss;
- Claydol – 3.0% DEF loss;
- Jynx – 17.0% DEF loss;
- Alolan Raichu – 10.5% loss;
- Starmie – no changes.
Tier 4 Raid Bosses
For Tier 4 Raids, the current bosses were hit as follows:
- Absol – no changes;
- Houndoom – 9.4% DEF loss;
- Alolan Marowak – 7.0% DEF loss;
- Tyranitar – 2.4% loss.
Tier 5 Raid Bosses
For Tier 5 Raids, the current bosses were hit as follows:
- Deoxys– no changes;
- Mewtwo – no changes.